District 11 Singapore
Everything you need to know about the District 11 Singapore
District 11 Singapore has many affluent private houses, prestigious institutions, and religious landmarks, encompassing Newton and Novena. Singapore Chinese Girls’ School, Chinese High, Hwa Chong Junior College, and Anglo-Chinese School are several educational institutions in the Dunearn area. The region is also home to temples and churches that reflect Singapore’s cultural variety, including the Phor Beng See Temple, Kuan Yin Temple, Bethlehem Bible Presbyterian Church, and The Korean Church in Singapore. The Newton Food Centre, which serves a wide range of tasty local delicacies such as oyster omelet, popiah, barbequed chicken wings, and shellfish, is a second major component of District 11 Singapore.
The road gets named after Dunearn House, the former Oldham Hall Boarding School, and the route is known as Dunearn in Scotland. The roadway gets lined with tall trees such as Broad Leaf Mahogany, Kenanga, Droopy Cassia, Rhu, and Jambu Laut. The Singapore Family Planning Centre, which opened in 1966 as the Home Nursing Foundation, is located on Dunearn Road and Gilstead Road. The building in District 11 Singapore gets now used by the World Health Organization. The Bougainvillea Park, which opened in 1970, is home to various Bougainvillea and other flowers. Dunearn Road gets lined with private residential units erected throughout the years. In 1981, Chancery Court, a HUDC of 84 maisonettes and 52 studio units, was completed.
Novena is a town in the Central Region, Urban Redevelopment Authority’s urban planning zone. The Novena Church gets commemorated throughout the city’s roadways, structures, and MRT station (or Church of St Alphonsus). Because of its exceptional location and facilities, Novena homes are often more costly.
The Watten neighborhood is one of Singapore’s most exclusive residential estate settings, sharing woodland and golf course greenery with Bukit Timah while still near the city’s core business sector (CBD).
Many expatriates and Singapore’s wealthiest inhabitants like to live in Watten, surrounded by foreign schools such as the Swiss School, Singapore Korean School, German European School, and the Dutch School. Supermarkets, stores, and food center malls like Coronation Shopping Plaza and Serene Centre are accessible for everyday requirements.
- Novena is home to various services, including the Novena Square Shopping Mall, Novena Medical Centre, Velocity, a sports-themed mall, and United Square, a kid-friendly mall.
- The well-known Newton Hawker Centre gets located in Newton’s Newton Circus (now the Newton Food Centre). Oyster omelet, popiah, barbequed chicken wings, and barbequed shellfish are all recommended meals.
- Many educational institutions, such as Singapore Chinese Girls’ School, The Chinese High, Swiss Cottage Primary School, Hwa Chong Junior College, and Anglo-Chinese School, get located near Dunearn.
- Phor Beng See Temple, Kuan Yin San Temple, Gospel Light Christian Church, Bethlehem Bible Presbyterian Church, Barker Road Methodist Church, The Korean Church in Singapore, and the Life Bible Presbyterian Church are among the Dunearn area’s places of worship.
- Commercial structures along Dunearn Road include the Copthorne Orchid Hotel and Raffles Town Club.
You may also like
Singapore District 12
Singapore District 12 is in Central Area, including Balestier and Toa Payoh, which uses postal codes 31 up to 33.
Singapore District 13
Singapore District 13 is in Central East with various housing estates comprising towns such as MacPherson and Potong Pasir.
Singapore District 14
Singapore District 14 is in Central East Area and comprises towns such as Paya Lebar, Geylang, and Eunos, which have predominantly Malay ethnic residents.