Gan Eng Seng Primary School
Learn more about Gan Eng Seng Primary School
The institution first opened its doors in 1885. Initially, it was known as the Anglo-Chinese Free School. Gan Eng Seng contributed to the new building on Telok Ayer Street in 1889. Gan Eng Seng School gets renamed Anglo-Chinese Free School in 1893, and it became a government school in 1938. After eight moves owing to growing demands during its 122-year existence, Gan Eng Seng School gets now located at 1 Henderson Road. Alexandra Hill, Bukit Ho Swee, Henderson, and Keng Seng Primary Schools merged to become Gan Eng Seng Primary School. On January 2, 2002, the school welcomed nearly 2600 pupils from all six levels.
English, Mother Tongue, Mathematics, Science, ICT, PE/Aesthetics/CCA, Character and Citizenship Education, Discipline, Partnership & Outreach, and other fundamental disciplines get taught at Gan Eng Seng Primary School.
Co-Curricular Activities (CCA) are critical to our kids’ overall development.
Its goals are to:
- Assist our kids in achieving their health and competitive sports goals;
- Discover and nurture students’ talents and interests;
- Instill desirable social attitudes acquire life skills that will enable our students to make informed decisions about good and healthy living;
- Character, team spirit, resilience, and a feeling of duty are all qualities that may develop;
- Build self-confidence in our students
Visual and Performing Arts
- Art and Craft Club
- Band – Brass
- Dance – Chinese
- Dance – Indian
- Dance – Malay
- Boys’ Brigade
Clubs and Societies
- Media and Infocomm Club
- Scrabble Club
Citizens with heart, learners with grit.
Inspiring and caring. We will nurture all GESPians by offering comprehensive education in a loving and happy learning atmosphere so that they can study for the rest of their lives.
School philosophy, culture, and ethos:
We think that every student can learn, and we want to help them develop self-confidence and self-esteem so that they may achieve their maximum potential. INSPIRE Values are a set of principles that guide our actions.
- Singaporean students are required to sing the National Anthem and take the Pledge. The right fist will be put over the heart when students take the Pledge.
- Students must wear the school uniform as instructed, with no modifications permitted.
- Students must be well-dressed, clean-shaven, and have no facial hair.
- Weapons are not allowed to be carried by any students. They get forbidden from any weapon or a weapon-like object that might use to harm others.
- The school’s policies and procedures must follow by students. These habits will aid in a pleasant and tidy atmosphere for successful learning.
Achievements of Gan Eng Seng Primary School:
- Singapore Youth Festival – South Zone Primary School Badminton Championships – 4th Place (Senior Boys)
- Top 16 in the National Primary School Badminton Championships
- Team Event Junior Division Green 5) – Bronze at the National Singapore Games Taekwondo Championships
- Scrabble – 17th National Inter-School Scrabble Championship
- Second Place in the Team Event in the Bowl Category
- Senior Division (Plate Category) Individual Event – 2nd Place
- 3rd position in the 10th National Youth Chinese Calligraphy Competition
- The National Primary Schools Chinese Calligraphy Competition awarded 2nd rank, two Merit Awards, and one Consolation Award.
You may also like
Geylang Methodist School (Primary)
Geylang Methodist School Primary is a Methodist school committed to being a conducive and Christ-centered environment for students’ learning.
Gongshang Primary School
Gongshang Primary School has a parent support group, which supports significant school events such as school camps and Racial Harmony Day.
Greendale Primary School
Greendale Primary School is in Edgedale Plains and has an online learning platform that makes learning accessible at any given time.