German European School Singapore (GESS)
Ultimate guide to know more about the German European School
GESS has European roots and believes in cultivating self-assured, forward-thinking students via a culture of respect, openness, and diversity. GESS is noted for its languages and offers two curricula: the German Curriculum and the International Baccalaureate (IB) Curriculum in English. Several languages are accessible as part of the unique mother tongue and language enrichment programs. Students of all ages are welcome, ranging from two to eighteen years old. The German European School Singapore (GESS) is a private educational organization run by an elected board of directors and school administration. The school now employs around 450 people, both full-time and part-time.
The German School’s first classes began on August 25, 1971, with six pupils enrolled. GESS is a community-based international school formed by parents.
Statements Of Instruction:
- German and European origins are honored- GESS is an excellent international school that cherishes and honors German and European heritage.
- Our Students’ Empowerment- German European School Singapore (GESS) enables all students to achieve their full potential by empowering them to become informed, skilled, and resilient individuals.
- Education that is holistic and humanistic- GESS offers holistic and humanistic education curriculum choices, social responsibility, and a dedication to excellence.
- Students should prepare to become global citizens- GESS teaches students and other global citizens to deal with change and create a more sustainable future.
- Become a true family partner -GESS is a non-profit community school that works closely with you and your family.
- Our Values
We have strong European roots and believe in cultivating self-assured, forward-thinking students via a culture of respect, openness, and diversity.
- Respect – We appreciate each other, our varied cultures and origins, and the artistic, humanistic, and scientific legacy of our society and environment.
- Openness- We are receptive to diverse viewpoints and ideas, learn from past achievements and errors, and adapt to changing trends to remain relevant.
- Diversity- We create a welcoming environment and culture that values each person’s unique qualities and capabilities.
Our Vision And Mission
We are a community school that gives our kids roots in German and European cultures and empowers them to contribute meaningfully to tomorrow’s world via a good education.
We hope to grow our pupils into life-long learners who will be successful and make a difference by giving them wings.
We do not choose students for admission to GESS based on their academic performance. We admit kids where we can accommodate their needs and assist them with their goals as a community school.Students can apply during the year and start school on any Monday during the academic year, except for Grades 11 and 12.
- Age Requirements
- Language Requirements
- Children With Learning Difficulties
- Entry Tests
An international curriculum that keeps migratory families connected. It gives pupils a wider variety of knowledge by introducing them to subjects from many areas. Students get taught to think independently and critically through an inquiry-based learning style that combines research skills.
Our Holistic Approach To Learning:
After School Activities
You may also like
Global Indian International School
Global Indian International School Singapore has two campuses located in Punggol and Cheviot Hill. It has modern state-of-the-art facilities on each campus.
Hwa Chong International School
Hwa Chong International School is a co-ed institution affiliated with Hwa Chong Institution in Bukit Timah. It comprises students from different countries.
ISS International School
ISS International School is a private school founded in 1981 along Depot Road and Preston Road that uses Apple Macintosh in its e-learning programs.