Learn more about the ION Orchard
The Orchard Turn Development or Orchard Turn Site, formerly known as ION Orchard, is a shopping mall in Singapore located near the Orchard MRT station. It is part of Orchard Turn Developments Pte Ltd, a retail and residential complex developed by CapitaLand and Sun Hung Kai Properties. On July 21, 2009, it opened its doors to 335 culinary and retail businesses. Forbes rated ION Orchard one of the top retail malls in December 2016, and The residential component of the complex, The Orchard Residences, is a high-rise residential condominium. Some of the mall’s main differentiating factors are:
Award-Winning Architecture and Design :
The architecture of ION Orchard embodies its distinct retail concept. The mall shape gets derived from a creative integration of this store concept with the site matrix of pre-existing and new pedestrian circulation patterns. Benoy, the project architect, has layered a consistent conceptual motif influenced by the website’s history as a fruit plantation – seed, stem, and skin throughout.
Unique Store Concepts :
A flagship concept gets devised in response to Orchard Road’s long-standing scarcity of premium retail spaces for units larger than 3,000 sq ft. Speciality retailers look for larger floor plates to create flagships and concept stores.
The Best of Both Worlds: Luxury and Mass Affluent Brands
ION Orchard is known for housing a diverse range of high-end global fashion and lifestyle brands in unique bespoke boutiques and concept stores. Its 78 flagship locations represent 40% of its total floor space.
Fully Integrated Art Programme:
ION Art, a specialized program, integrates new and multi-media art into the Integrated Mall experience and showcases the finest of Asian and Singapore modern and contemporary art and design from established and emerging artists and designers. It features a 5,600 sq ft gallery area within the mall, which is the largest of its type in Singapore and houses international and local art, design, and new media exhibitions and presentations.
New Customer Service Benchmarks :
With many firsts in mall customer care, from facilities to services, the ION Orchard experience seeks to create a memorable impression on all guests.
What are some of the customer service options offered by ION?
- Customers get immersed in a one-of-a-kind, multimodal experience at ION Orchard, which engages all of their senses through a carefully crafted combination of light, music, and aroma.
- ION Orchard ushers are stationed at the drop-off area at the mall entrance to greet people as they arrive.
- Free valet parking, This is a first for a mall in Singapore.
- Dedicated concierge staff:
- With no less than four concierge desks around the mall walkabout employees, visitors will never be without assistance.
- On all levels are static and dynamic digital mall directories
- specially built iPhone apps for dining selections.
- In Singapore, it was the first mall to provide a 24-hour customer service hotline.
- Separate child restrooms, nursing rooms, and baby rooms* are available in both male and female restrooms.
- Accessible to handicapped and wheelchair users.
- Concierge services include Sistic, gift wrapping, phone charging, stroller, wheelchair, and umbrella rentals a first-aid kit.
You may also like
Junction 8 is a shopping mall in Bishan located near Bishan Bus Interchange and MRT station. It opened in 1994 and has over 170 stores and services.
Lucky Plaza is Singapore’s shopping center completed in 1981 on Orchard Road and is commonly known to locals as the Little Philippines.
Marina Bay Sands
Marina Bay Sands is on Bayfront Avenue, famous for its Sands SkyPark. It opened in 2010 and has notable restaurants, including Pizzeria and Waku Ghin.
One Stop Solution For All Your Property Needs
[fluentform type=”conversational” id=”6″]