All you need to know about the Jurassic Mile
Jurassic Mile is the newest and largest permanent outdoor dinosaur exhibit in Singapore. Throughout the 1-kilometer cycling and running course, there are around 20 different prehistoric creatures representing nine various species. Expect to witness carnivorous and herbivorous dinosaurs and defensive and flying dinosaurs. The tallest dinosaur is about 5 meters tall! Visitors will be impressed by the lifelike dinosaur exhibits at the Changi Jurassic Mile, which range from a towering Tyrannosaurus Rex to giant dinosaur eggs, making it a fantastic outdoor weekend trip for families and friends. The Jurassic Mile runs between the airport and the Tanah Merah Country Club.
Things to see and do near Changi Jurassic Mile include:
Arrival Garden :
The arrival garden is a large indoor greenhouse with a flash of color in the shape of trees, shrubs, plants, and flowers that welcomes tourists to Changi Airport.
The Canopy Park locates on the uppermost level of Changi Airport, is another attraction near Changi Jurassic Mile where you and your children may have a great time.
Birds in Flight :
Birds in Flight is a beautiful metallic artwork located at Changi Airport. Best Yeok Kuan developed and conceptualized it as a metaphor for modern tourists.
Manulife Skynets – Bouncing :
Manulife Skynets is a massive installation of a web of nets inside Changi Airport that is strung 8 meters above the ground and open to the public to see.
Butterfly Garden :
It’s a one-of-a-kind garden dedicated entirely to exotic butterfly species. In reality, this is the world’s first butterfly garden, housed within an airport and home to some of the world’s rarest butterflies.
Cactus Garden :
The Cactus Garden, located inside Singapore’s Changi Airport, is a rooftop garden with over 100 varieties of cactus and other desert and dry plants.
Changi Jurassic Mile Highlights:
- The Jurassic Mile is a one-kilometer-long walkway that runs through Changi Airport.
- The installation comprises a large outdoor area bordered with life-sized dinosaur models.
- T-Reyes, brontosaurs, and pterodactyls are among the dinosaurs.
- Dinosaurs are sculpted in various poses to make them appear as lifelike as possible.
- Cycling down the path is a great way to appreciate this installation.
- The replicas are built on either side of the pathway to give the sensation of being in Jurassic Park.
- As part of the exhibit, you can also touch ‘dinosaur eggs,’ see them nibble away at a fence, and ‘attack’ a golf buggy.
Tips To Visit Changi Jurassic Mile:
- Even though these are simply models, stay clear from the fences beyond which the models get situated.
- A golf course is nearby, and balls frequently pass over the Changi Jurassic Mile’s nets. Stay beneath the netting to prevent being hit by balls and becoming wounded.
- Changi Jurassic Mile is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- There are numerous information boards along the walk, so read them all to learn about the different types of dinosaurs and their characteristics.
- Do not touch the models when taking photographs with them.
- Because the pathway is 2 kilometers long, it is recommended that you travel it on bicycles, skates, or skateboards rather than on foot.
You may also like
Fuji Hill is a public park along Bukit Batok Central Road, a perfect place for those who want to have a relaxing activity like strolling and sightseeing.
Citysquare Mall - Playgrounds
Citysquare Mall – Playgrounds have both indoor and outdoor. Its indoor playground is designed for toddlers, while the outdoor is for 12 years old below.
Tampines Green Forest Park
Tampines Green Forest Park in Tampines Avenue is known for its three sections which include a fitness area, a playground for kids, and an obstacle course.