Overseas Family School (OFS)
Know About the Overseas Family School
OFS provides contemporary English instruction to international families in Singapore. Overseas Family School (OFS) has students from more than 70 nations learning new school skills. The OFS faculty is a professional team of highly trained and experienced professors from over 40 countries. Overseas Family School (OFS) students learn one of the following foreign languages: English, French, German, Hindi, Japanese, Mandarin, or Spanish.
School-wide learning achievements at OFS:
- Learn to take care of oneself physically, psychologically, and emotionally by comprehending health, social, and cultural concerns and guiding their conduct with self-discipline and self-esteem.
- They show respect for other people, groups, and cultures through knowledge, care, and service, recognizing themselves as part of a global family, and eliminating prejudice towards various cultures.
- Develop a positive attitude toward learning and gain meaningful knowledge and understanding of their eagerness to learn.
- Throughout the learning process, utilize thinking and problem-solving abilities and constructively reflect on options for development.
- Research and evaluate information independently and collaboratively using various media, use concepts, knowledge, skills, and languages from numerous disciplines to examine and understand current global issues, and thus gain a sense of the interdependence of economic, political, technological, and ecological systems around the world.
- Effectively and confidently communicate ideas through spoken, writing, and electronic media. Learn to take care of oneself physically, psychologically, and emotionally by comprehending health, social, and cultural concerns and guiding their conduct with self-discipline and self-esteem.
Unless alternate arrangements are authorized, Overseas Family School (OFS) students must live with their families in Singapore. The academic year is into two semesters. The first semester runs from early August through December, with a one-week break in October. The second semester runs from January to June, with other public holidays lasting roughly a week, generally around Chinese New Year and Easter. Vesak Day, Deepavali, Hari Raya Puasa, and Hari Raya Haji are all holidays.
The International Early Years Curriculum (IEYC) is from PreK1 (Years 2) to K2 (Years 5), the International Primary Curriculum (IPC) is from Grades 1-5, and the International Baccalaureate (IB) is from Grades 6 to 12.
OFS Masters’ objective is to provide a joyful, safe, and efficient environment for expatriate families in Singapore. OFS offers an international education to a diversified student body from preschool to grade 12. The OFS curriculum covers the International Early Years Curriculum, International Elementary Curriculum, International Early Years Curriculum, Middle Years, and Diploma at the appropriate levels. The global curriculum caters to multicultural students’ requirements by supporting the development of fundamental skills, good attitudes, critical thinking, and inquiry-based learning. The school places a premium on excellent academic standards. It is essential to value and appreciate cultural variety.
Administrators, instructors, and parents collaborate to establish a welcoming atmosphere each student is encouraged to realize their full academic potential. Each student is inspired to become a lifelong learner and responsible global citizen by actively participating in the learning process and community projects.
The OFS Parents’ Association (PA), comprised of parents, serves as a volunteer forum for all departments, representing all grade levels and cultures. The primary purpose of PA is to promote cultural interchange and understanding among our school community. They invite you to attend PA activities as an OFS Parent, such as the yearly Global Picnic and the Coffee Mornings.
You may also like
Razum International School
Razum International School in Kay Siang Road is a co-ed school famous for its primary curriculum’s unique four-hour school day program.
SJI International School
SJI International School is a catholic international institution also part of the Lasalle Schools, opened in 2006 in Novena for students from ages 4 to 18.
Singapore American School
Singapore American School in Woodlands is a co-ed international school that offers an American-based curriculum for kindergarten up to the high school level.