SJI International School (SJII)
Best to know about SJI International School (SJII)
While we welcome children of all origins and beliefs, our ethos, values, and standards are the Catholic Church and the De La Salle Brothers’ 335-year tradition. We are proud of our Lasallian Catholic heritage, and there are several opportunities for Catholic children to learn about and strengthen their faith. We are a faculty that believes that people are vital and that connections are critical.
SJI International School (SJII) intend to instill joy and interest in mastery and stimulate the quest for perfection and the fulfillment of personal goals in all endeavors. Our students are encouraged to reach their full potential, face new challenges, and develop into critical thinkers, discriminating, and analytical.
SJI International High School opened its doors in 2007 and was by SJI International School (SJII) in 2008. They are a member of a group of seven Lasallian faculties in Singapore, with a history dating back to 1852.
The realization of SJI International’s vision became a labor of love for a group of SJI Alumni who have benefited so profoundly from their education at Saint Joseph’s Institution (SJI). One of Singapore’s oldest and most reputable faculties then sought a way to provide a comparable life-changing experience to Singaporean and expatriate kids.
Our School is a non-profit organization governed by the SJI International Board of Governors. Customers of the School include Dr. Tony Tan, Mr. Teo Chee Hean, Mr. Mah Bow Tan, and Mr. George Yeo.
We Learn, Lead, Inspire, and Serve Together.
We enable students within a Lasallian community to find new ways to research and live, allowing them to become people of integrity and service to others.
Community, Service, Faith, Excellence, and Respect.
Our teaching philosophy is on the belief that our students:
- Take pleasure in pondering, learning, and finding,
- Learn most successfully outside of the classroom through interesting, active, and demanding learning situations.
- You will be able to absorb concepts and information as a result of practice,
- Flourish in a multitude of educational techniques,
- Benefit from self-reflection on their learning processes,
- The best judges of the instruction they get,
- Have various talents that need evaluation through numerous approaches,
- thrive on positive reinforcement and a lack of fear of failure,
- In my experience, there is no conflict between academic achievement and,
- Unwavering dedication to activities.
- An enormous and unambiguous value system.
- At the highest academic level, teachers and students have great expectations.
- A robust enrichment program that develops character and long-lasting interests and bonding.
- A responsive and attentive pastoral system.
The Virtue Project underpins our ethos, beliefs, and ideals. They are grounded firmly on a Lasallian Catholic basis. We are a school that values individuals and relationships.
Our caring and devoted staff collaborate to provide an atmosphere where children may grow and flourish in a safe and supportive community.
Equip our pupils with the skills necessary to be critical and resilient researchers. We arouse interest and love for learning, and we support the pursuit of excellence and the attainment of personal bests.
Our curriculum is themed and structured following current research on how children learn best. It represents our global perspective and educates our students to be global citizens.
You may also like
Singapore American School
Singapore American School in Woodlands is a co-ed international school that offers an American-based curriculum for kindergarten up to the high school level.
Singapore Korean International School
Singapore Korean International School in Bukit Tinggi Road is a South Korean institution established in 1993 that offers pre-school up to high school curriculum.
Stamford American International School
Stamford American International School is the leading co-ed institution in Woodleigh Lane and has programs from Pre-nursery up to high school.