Sri Murugan Hill Temple -Hinduism
Information to Know About Sri Murugan Hill Temple -Hinduism
The Lord Hill Murugan Temple gets located near Singapore’s Upper Bukit Timah Road. Lord Murugan, renowned for his beauty, wisdom, truth, and understanding, is the subject of the temple. There are steps to go to the primary deity on the hill summit. Due to his reputedly great power, Sri Murugan Hill Temple -Hinduism attracted a sizable gathering.
The Murugan hill temple in Singapore features a distinctive construction unique to Singaporean temples. While the actual Sri Murugan Hill Temple -Hinduism is on the upper floor, the temple includes a wedding hall in the basement. A small pond will also get constructed in front of this shrine. In three different sanctuaries, the temple is home to Lord Murugan, Lord Vinayagar, and Siva-Shakti (Garbhagriha). The temple complex also houses other deities with the Navagrahas, Nagar, Bairavar, Idumbar, Mariamman, Periyachi, Lakshmi-Narayanan, Goddess Durga, Muneeswaran, and Muneeswaran. Kuan Yin, a Chinese deity, is also housed at the temple.
Since 1962, the temple’s construction has undergone significant renovations. The Lord Muruga vigraha gets dedicated at this mountain temple in 1998.
The Deity’s Background
Lord Muruga is the main deity at this temple. But there are several other gods there, including Lord Shiva and Shakti, Lord Ganesha, NavGraha, Shree Sai Baba, Shri Hanuman, Shri Annapoorni, Shri Durga, Aiyappan, Shri Subramaniyam, Rahu Ketu, and also Shri Naga Rajar, Shri Vairavar, and Shri Idumbar.
Pujas and Festivals
Pujas take place between 7:00am and 12:00pm and 6:00pm and 9:00pm. At 3:00 and 4:00, respectively, Raagu Kala and Prathosa pujas are held. There are unique pujas performed, such as the 108 Sangu abishegam, Ganapathy Homam/skandha Homam, navagraha Shanti, kiraha Shanti, special Archana, vilaku pujas, weddings in the sanctuary and the hall, and vagana puja, among others. Most Hindu holidays get observed in this region.
- The main holidays are observed annually throughout the eleven days in March or April.
- Flag-hoisting Day One, the Ninth Day’s Chariot Festival, the Tenth Day’s Water Cutting Ceremony (Panguni Uthiram), and the Eleventh Day’s Thirukalyanam.
- After Diwali, the Skandhashti celebration lasts seven days in October, concluding with Soora Samharam and Thirukalyanam.
- Ten days of the Navarathri festival get celebrated between September and October.
- The Thai poosam festival takes place on Poosam Natchathra in January. Around the sanctuary, devotees transport milk pots (4 am – 12 pm).
- Every day of the full moon is Thiruvilaku Puja.
- Every month on Karthigai, Lord Murugan receives an abishegam, and the Utchavamoorthy gets carried inside the temple in a procession.
- There are other celebrations for Mahasivarathri, Sri Kaliamman Karagam, Sri Periyachi Kaparai, and Muneeswaran puja.
One of the busiest airports in the world, Changi International Airport in Singapore offers flight connections to many different nations.
By train, Johor Bahru, Kuala Lumpur, and Malaysia are all easily accessible from Singapore. Bangkok is also accessible by rail from Singapore. Every day, three trains travel this route between the Tanjong Pagar MRT station in Singapore and other locations.
The little island of Singapore is connected to Malaysia and the Asian continent by two notable causeways. From 5 am till midnight, there are regular bus services available. SBS and Causeway Link both offer buses, with Causeway Link being the quicker choice.
You may also like
Shree Lakshmi Narayan Temple - Hinduism
Shree Lakshmi Narayan Temple – Hinduism in Chander Rd is dedicated to the god Vishnu and is Singapore’s first temple dedicated to Hindus of North India.
Leong San See Temple - Buddhist
Leong San See Temple – Buddhist is a Chinese temple founded by Rev. Chun Wu. It is considered as Singapore’s most ornate Buddhist temple.
Kuan Im Tng Temple - Taoism
Kuan Im Tng Temple – Taoism was founded by Master Lee Nan Shan, and it preaches religious sermons of Confucianism, Taoism and Buddhism.
One Stop Solution For All Your Property Needs
[fluentform type=”conversational” id=”6″]