Thailand Property Investment Guide
Condos That Are Near To Popular Schools 2018 Edition
Bangkok’s Real Estate Market in 2018
CBRE has also given its prediction about the real estate market. According to them, there will be still a strong demand. At first, it won’t be as aggressive as seen in the years before, but it will be coherent and steady. Their projection is that they won’t see too many speculator interests in the market and that instead, they will see a demand driven by real end-users. That alone should eliminate the danger of another bubble and make a quite stable market.
As a result of all that the condominium market in Thailand has continuously been rising through the years, from more than 100,000 units in 2015 (valued roughly at 413 billion baht) to 114,000 units in 2017 (estimated worth 441 billion baht). The expectations for 2018 are that by the end of the year there will be around 120,000 units launched on the market (estimate worth 500 billion baht), half of which will be in Bangkok.
Bangkok Rental Yields
Yields for luxury properties have experienced even higher growth. The only decline we have seen lately is only for larger sizes apartments (around 250 sq. m.).
The apartments that were surveyed for this publication are located in upscale areas such as Riverside, Central Lumpini, Rama III, Silom, and Sukhumvit Road.
Comprehensive List of Penthouse in Singapore
Thailand’s Policy on Foreign Real Estate Investors
In the last few years, the lawmakers in Thailand did make some changes to make easier for non-residents to invest in the real estate market. As a result, a non-resident can take a 30-year lease that is renewable. Once the lease is registered at the Land Office, it can be renewed indefinitely, in 30 years increments.
Property Purchase Process in Bangkok
- Once you have selected a property, you will pay a booking price which will allow you 14 days to pay 10 percent deposit on the property.
- A sales purchase agreement will then be sent to your lawyer usually within 30 days.
- The agreement should be signed with another 10 percent deposit paid to the developer within 30 to 45 days.
- No further payment will be due until the property is completed and transfer of ownership is done at the Lands office.
- Legal Fees are negotiable
- Currency (Transactions are done in the local currency – Thai Baht THB)
- Stamp Duty (2% after TOP)
- Business tax and withholding tax; If sell within 5 years: 3.3% Biz Tax + (5-35%) withholding tax. If sell after 5 years: 0.5% Business Tax + (5-35%) withholding tax.
- Registration fee (Registration fee is around 2% of the declared amount or the assessed value of the property, whichever is higher.)
The List of Overseas Property Investment
Taxation for residents and Taxation for non-residents
- Taxation for resident
Up to 35% of the generated revenues (that’s based on your personal tax rate scale)
- Taxation for non-residents
In a situation of a double tax agreement between Thailand and your county, it is the withholding tax that is turned into a tax credit. In that case, the fee is set a 15%.
Rental Income Tax
This is a tax imposed on rented properties. It is paid once a year at a constant rate of 12.5% of the estimated annual rental value. There is an exemption to this tax for vacant dwellings and those that are owner-occupied.
Landlord and Tenant
Again, this is another segment for which there is no formal regulation; therefore it is pro-landlord. The contract between the two parties, the landlord and tenant prevail. In case of dispute, the landlord holds the higher ground and can call the police to evict the tenants. When renting out the property, you can engage Bangkok agency arm sale rental for a 1 year lease 1 month of commission.
They are subject to free negotiation and typically remain the same during the date listed on the contract. In case of pending rent adjustments, it is the landlord that is obligated by law to notify their tenants in advance. Most times that coincides with the renewal of the contract.
Typically one month is paid in advance, and there is a security deposit equal to up to three months of rent. That’s all prior to occupancy. Deposits are returned (no interest) 30 days after the contract has expired. In case of unpaid bills or repairs, the expense is deducted from the deposits. In case the tenant to terminate the lease before the first year has passed, the deposit is forfeited.
There are even some instances in which the rent for the entire lease is paid in advance.
Condos That Are Near to MRT Stations
Thailand’s Legal system
The other reason is that there is a lack of tenant protection laws that make court hearings even more complicated. So, all decisions are based on contractual rights that determine the correlations between the landlord and the tenant. Therefore, the terms and conditions stated in the lease determine who is in the right and who is in the wrong. Or, at least how the respected legal representatives interpret them.
Facts about Financing Real Estate Investment in Thailand
The change is mainly seen with banks that look at foreigners, not like potential risk, but more opportunities. Therefore, almost anyone, under the same condition as the locals can get a mortgage in Thailand.
UOB International Property Loans are available under the following terms:
- UOB offers loan packages for Freehold condos only.
- Loan from UOB Thailand are up to 70% of the purchase price.
- The loan currency is in SGD and USD.
- The loan tenure is from 5 to 30 years.
- The interest rate is around 6 to 7%.
- UOB loan area financed includes Bangkok and selected upcountry areas.
- The minimum annual income should be $100K.
In addition to all that, the applicant can also be asked to submit some of the following documents:
- Copies of ID card, visa page, and passport
- Copies of bank statements
- Confirmation of salary or income
- Copies of unit title deeds
- Copies of purchase contracts and sale.
- Marriage certificate
The interest rates for these types of loan are typically based on a fixed interest rate depending on the bank offer at the time. It is also helpful to note that because these loans are offered locally, the interest rates are usually a bit more competitive.
The Cheapest Condos In Singapore
Insurance is the best way to be covered in case of some unwanted event. The building owners are responsible for the common area, the external walls, floors, and ceiling in case it is their fault. For everything else, you need to rely on your insurance. That is if you have one. Sometimes, buying one may come as mandatory and part of your buying contract.
The estimated cost of a home insurance policy in Bangkok is around 100 SGD per year. The policy covers all your property, as well as any other property damaged by a fire or other leak that originated from your place.
Every year AGM holds a meeting where the owners discuss whether extra maintenance is needed for the building, repairs, extra security, changing rules, and stuff like that. If the changes are voted, you will be required to pay your part of the bill, same as every other resident there. The estimated maintenance cost is 50 SGD to 200 SGD per month.
As an owner, you will have the right to attend AGM meetings, give proposals, and vote on every proposal. At the same time, you are bound to every decision made at the AGM annual meetings.
In addition to all that as an AGM member, you can also make official complaints that will be discussed at the next meeting and voted on.
Furniture and Decorations
- The country’s economy is growing and is expected to produce positive results in the foreseeable future.
- The country biggest demographic population is made of young, well-educated, well-paid people that invest heavily in real estate. Thus creating a strong demand on the local market.
- The banks are more and more open to financing real estate investments.
- The country is creating ways for foreign investments in real estate.
- Bangkok has a population of over 8 million and still growing.
- 7 million travel to Bangkok on a daily basis for work