Compassvale Primary School
Everything you should know about Compassvale Primary School
On January 4, 1999, Compassvale Primary School opened its doors at a temporary location in Sengkang Primary School. Because the school building was still under construction in January 2000, Compassvale Primary School temporarily relocated to a second holding site at Rivervale Primary School.
The school moved to its current site on November 13, 2000. It will inaugurate on October 21, 2001. The Learning for Life Programme (LLP) for Aesthetics and the Applied Learning Programme (ALP) for Robotics get awarded to the institution. The Compassvale Primary School began an on-site restoration project in June 2011 that will finish in December 2012. Since January 2013, the school gets run as a single session. The Compassvale Primary School will commemorate its 20th anniversary in 2019 while continuing to serve the Sengkang community.
School Philosophy, Culture, and Ethos:
In our attempts to educate and nurture our pupils, we get guided by our concept, “Every kid counts and can learn and succeed.” The Compassvale Primary School has created a foundation to provide this result, which aligns with the school’s philosophy and commitment to provide a student-centric, values-driven education for every child and nurture each child holistically to be the best that he can be. It is accomplished through increasing staff capability, expanding student potential, improving infrastructure, and implementing proper procedures and processes.
Thinkers, leaders, and champions in the school’s vision
To develop compassionate leaders who get dedicated to serving the community and Singapore.
Unique Programs & Services:
- The EL Department’s Mastery In Communication Skills (MICS) Program uses speech and theatre exercises to systematically create in all Compassvalites the confidence and speaking proficiency needed to navigate in the twenty-first century.
- The Compassvale Primary School ALP, ‘Fostering 21CC Through Robotics in Maths & Science Curriculum,’ uses robotics to improve Maths & Science teaching and learning while developing 21CC in students.
- The Compassvale Primary School s LLP on “Developing Aesthetics Appreciation Through Music Empowerment” aims to teach students how to appreciate music and develop them as active participants and informed audiences in the arts.
- The CCE Department has produced a resource package for parents called ESEL@Home as part of the Compassvale Primary School ‘s commitment to improving our kids’ social and emotional development (SEL). This package seeks to provide parents with the knowledge and skills and need to help their children develop SEL at home.
Compassvale Primary School Achievements:
- 2016 PSLE Results – The Primary cohort had an overall pass rate of 99.6%, above the national mean of 98.4%.
- Development Award: Character Development, National Education
SYF Arts Presentation
- Dance – Chinese [Distinction]
- Art – Category C [Recognition]
- Band – Brass [Accomplishment]
- Dance – Indian [Distinction]
- Dance – Malay [Distinction]
- Ensemble – Harmonica [Distinction]
Uniformed Groups Unit Recognition
- Red Cross [Silver]
Co-curricular activities (CCAs):
Visual and Performing Arts:
- Band – Brass
- Dance – Chinese
- Dance – Indian
- Dance – Malay
- Ensemble – Harmonica
- Speech and Drama
- Track and Field
Clubs and Societies
- Robotics Club
- Science Club
- Singapore Red Cross Society
You may also like
Concord Primary School
Concord Primary School is proud to have its school mascots named Connor and Caylee, modeled after a mighty Bald Eagle.
Corporation Primary School
Corporation Primary School seeks to improve the quality of life for both parents and children through its after-school care program.
Damai Primary School
Damai Primary School is near Bedok Town Park, and it encourages its students to develop good study habits.