Edgefield Secondary School
Guide To Know About The Evergreen Secondary School
Evergreen Secondary School conducted its tenth-anniversary performance, ‘Metamorphosis,’ at Republic Polytechnic’s cultural centre in February 2010, with Lim Wee Kiak, Member of Parliament for Sembawang GRC, as the guest-of-honour. On January 3, 2000, Evergreen Secondary School get founded in Woodlands New Town. EVG taught some subjects at Woodgrove Secondary School before the construction. That was until they built a complex and began holding classes there. Students were given a red anniversary t-shirt as part of Evergreen Secondary School’s 20th-anniversary celebrations. This shirt would wear on national holidays and Chinese New Year. The 20th and 21st-anniversary t-shirts get now distributed to Evergreen Secondary School students.
School Philosophy, Culture, and Ethos:
Evergreen Secondary School makes an effort to get to know each kid, assist them in discovering their talents, and validate their ability to make a difference. We think that with the correct assistance from parents and teachers, every student who strives to achieve well can succeed. In addition to developing a staff of devoted and qualified instructors, we recognize the necessity of forming good connections with our parents. Our curriculum is creative and forward-thinking, and it is based on principles to prepare our pupils for the challenges of the twenty-first century. Evergreen Secondary School, a vibrant community that thinks and cares, has implemented high-quality programs that address students’ objectives, interests, and abilities. Students will be encouraged to develop a passion for what they do and the idea that they can contribute and thrive in any situation.
- School Vision
A vibrant community that considers and cares.
- School Mission
We develop people of character who are eager to participate and succeed.
Evergreen Secondary School provides a welcoming learning and working environment for our students and employees, including:
- Every kid has a locker in the classroom.
- Artificial turf gets used on the school field and used for rugby games.
- A two-story Indoor Sports Hall and a School Hall Applied Learning Program area with seating and a performing stage
- Music studios, workout gyms, well-equipped Food & Nutrition studios, research laboratories, and other areas are available.
- There are numerous venues where you may learn, including our Movers & Shakers study room.
- Unique school architecture, such as sandstone pillared walkways
- Additional Mathematics
- Civics and Moral Education
- Computer Applications
- Design and Technology
- Elements of Business Skills
- English Language
- Food and Nutrition
- Food and Consumer Education
- Higher Chinese
- Higher Malay
- Literature in English
- Physical Education
- Principles of Accounts
- Science (Physics, Biology)
- Science (Physics, Chemistry)
- Science (Syllabus T)
- Social Studies
- Humanities (Social Studies and Geography)
- Humanities (Social Studies and History)
- Humanities (Social Studies and Literature in English)
Co-curricular activities (CCAs):
- Cross Country
- Table Tennis
- Touch Rugby (Girls)
Visual and Performing Arts:
- Dance – Chinese
- Dance – Malay
- Ensemble – Gamelan
- Ensemble – Guitar
- Orchestra – Chinese
- CCA EXCO
- House Appointment
- Prefectorial Board
Clubs and Societies:
- AVA Club
- Interact Club
- LDDS – English
- Singapore Youth Flying Club
- National Cadet Corps (NCC) (Land)
- National Civil Defence Cadet Corps (NCDCC)
- National Police Cadet Corps (NPCC)
- Singapore Red Cross Society
You may also like
Fairfield Methodist School Secondary
Fairfield Methodist School Secondary is an autonomous government-aided institution. It is one of the pioneering schools in Singapore, located in Queenstown.
Fajar Secondary School
Fajar Secondary School commenced in 1994 is a co-ed government institution in Bukit Panjang. It will soon merge with Greenridge Secondary School in 2023.
Fuchun Secondary School
Fuchun Secondary School is a co-ed government institution located beside its primary school campus. It is in Woodlands, established in 1986.