Naval Base Primary School
Learn more about the Naval Base Primary School
The British Navy set aside a plot of land on the British Naval Base at Bah Tan Road to build a decent school for the children of naval base employees. Naval Base School was a full-fledged school at the time. After the elementary department transferred to Canberra School in 1968, the school gets renamed Naval Base Secondary School. The Naval Base Primary School moved to its current location at Yishun Ring Road in July 1988, from its previous location on Bah Tan Road.
The Naval Base Secondary School (NBSS) get founded in 1957. Naval Base School was the school name at the time, and it was a whole school.
School Philosophy, Culture, and Ethos:
In our attempts to create a live and engaging learning experience for all of our children at Naval Base Primary School, we get guided by our motto of ‘Every Child Matters.’ Every child is valued at NBPS because they are each one-of-a-kind. We dedicate ourselves to ensuring that every kid has a holistic education and gets prepared for the next phase after completing primary school. At Naval Base Primary, we prioritize caring for our kids and ensuring that our classrooms are warm, inviting, and conducive to learning; our programs are inclusive, and we consider the needs of all of our students.
Unique Programmes and services
- Naval Base Primary School places a strong emphasis on values. Aside from a challenging academic program, the school believes that character development is vital in the overall kid’s growth. Many of our programs get anchored on our school’s core values of Integrity, Respect, Self-Discipline, Compassion, and Learning, and students are encouraged to Live Our Values every day.
- Another initiative based on the school concept of compassion is ‘NBPS Cares.’ Students collect recyclable materials from the neighborhood and sell them. Sree Narayana Mission Home will get the earnings from the transaction. Through this initiative, students learn that their actions impact the most fortunate in our society while also aiding neighbors with recycling and contributing to the environment.
- Our pupils provide the chance to creatively solve challenges utilizing Mathematics and Science ideas at the Navalites’ Discovery Day to create an integrated platform for kids to gain 21st-century abilities in Critical and Inventive Thinking. A program that encourages pupils to think and investigate outside the confines of their textbooks. Students are assigned tasks to investigate weeks before NDD. They experiment with data to prove their assumptions and with new technologies. The culmination of all students’ hard work is a presentation of their creations on NDD, which parents are welcome to attend to celebrate their children’s creativity.
- Through Co-Curricular platforms, our Holistic Outdoor Physical Education & Sports (HOPES) Program, a Learning for Life Programme (LLP), strives to promote 21st Century competencies in our students and anchor our school’s fundamental values. The curriculum adheres to the Physical Education and Sports Development Framework, which encourages widespread involvement, specialization, and talent development.
Co-curricular activities (CCAs):
- Boys’ Brigade
- Girls’ Brigade
- Singapore Red Cross Society
Clubs and Societies
- Infocom Club
Visual and Performing Arts
- Art Club
You may also like
Zhonghua Primary School in Serangoon is a co-ed school founded by the Chinese clan in 1951. It provides a unique niche program called Thinknovate.
Zhenghua Primary School is a co-ed school in Bukit Panjang established in 1989 and has various clubs students can join, like the Robotics Club and Redcross.
Yuhua Primary School in Jurong East is a co-ed government institution with allied educators to support students who require special needs.
Yu Neng Primary School began in 1935 and is a government school in Bedok that aims to develop students' specific skills through its co-curricular programs.
Yio Chu Kang Primary School in Hougang, established in 1950, started with 14 classrooms only. Now the school has numerous facilities that students can use.
Yishun Primary School is a co-ed government institution and has been a school of choice within the community; it supports Healthy Meal Program for students.
Yew Tee Primary School started in 2000 and is a co-ed school in Choa Chu Kang with customized programs for primary 5 and 6.
type hereYangzheng Primary School started in 1905 as an exclusive private school for boys. It is now a co-ed government institution in Serangoon.
One Stop Solution For All Your Property Needs