North Spring Primary School
Guide to know more about the North Spring Primary School
North Spring Primary School uses a school-wide approach of ‘The Skillful Teacher’ to continually enhance teacher capacity. We urge our instructors to experiment with diverse tactics to engage the children and instill a sense of ‘learning delight.’ Teachers also attend workshops and courses regularly to gain new ideas. All of the above creates a caring culture in which every kid looks forward to going to North Spring Primary School, has a strong teacher-student connection, and has a good school experience.
North Spring Primary School opened its doors in January 2000 with the mission of developing character, nurturing minds, and striving for excellence.
School Philosophy, Culture, and Ethos:
We get guided by the notion that “Every Child Learns,” and our efforts are focused on giving opportunities and instructional moments via our programs. This attitude gets implanted in children, who have self-belief and self-efficacy.
We describe culture as a way of life, and at North Spring Primary School, we engage and connect with Singaporeans and children from other countries daily. We make some that students respect each other’s uniqueness and variety since school is a microcosm of society, and such understanding must instill in children from an early age. To be cultured, one must behave with dignity, be modest, and respect everyone, not just people.
The ideals of Integrity, Responsibility, Resilience, and Compassion underpin all we do. We make some that the concepts get not taught but also practiced. It is not enough to be truthful; you must also display integrity, which includes having the moral strength to speak out or admit when anything goes wrong; and everyone must take responsibility for their job. We allow mistakes to make so that people can learn from them, and when they succeed, they must remember those who are less fortunate than themselves and show compassion by contributing back to society.
- Community Service and Student Leadership is the school’s manner of allowing students to build their character and citizenship through various methods, including game-based learning.
- IWorld at NSPS (game-based learning software) encourages students to make appropriate judgments about assisting others in happy and dire/difficult situations, such as neighborhood weddings, festival celebrations, and crises and disputes. It encourages students to think critically as well as collaboratively.
- ITrails is a partnership between the CCE and Science departments to encourage kids to utilize technology to perform outdoor learning in areas like environmental protection. They also make their games which encourage youngsters to think creatively and imaginatively. They also learn to work together as a team and to appreciate their colleagues’ diverse perspectives.
- The Play Your Hearts Out program in North Spring aims to foster agility, flexibility, dexterity, agility, and a love of sports in children. We hope that this becomes a lifelong habit, allowing them to live active and healthy lives.
Co-curricular activities (CCAs):
Visual and Performing Arts
- Ceramics Club
- Dance – Tap
- Drama – English
- Ensemble – Guitar
- Ensemble – String (Violin)
- Visual Arts Club
Clubs and Societies
- New Media Club
You may also like
North View Primary School
North View Primary School in Yishun is a co-ed institution that offers elective subject in music and performing arts.
North Vista Primary School
North Vista Primary School provides financial assistance scheme for Singapore Citizen Students with monthly income not exceeding $2750 per month.
Northland Primary School
Northland Primary School in Yishun is notable for its unique building design and has martial arts programs available.