St. Stephen's School
Academic and Key Programs in St. Stephen’s School
The school aspires to holistically develop each boy entrusted to its care by delivering a human and Christian education. St Stephen’s mission is to teach youth in a Lasallian community how to learn and live, enabling them to become men of integrity and men for others. The academic programs in St. Stephen’s School are updated regularly to assist all mainstream boys in becoming more interested in studying and achieving their academic potential.
St Stephen’s School is one of St John Baptist de La Salle’s seven Lasallian schools in Singapore (formerly known as Christian Brothers’ Schools).
School Academic Programs
The goal of the course is to help all students achieve basic and functional literacy so that English can get used in a variety of situations in everyday life. Most students in St. Stephen’s School achieve competency in speech, reading, and writing to enjoy English study and take it to new heights.
Key Programmes and Activities
- STELLAR and school-based English Language curriculum
- Choral Speaking
- Readers Theatre
- E-book writing enrichment
- Literacy support programs (LSP, SDR, RRP)
- Learning Journeys
- Reading Rewards Programme
- English Literary Week
- Book Buffet
- Reading Carnival
Math is Magical, Alive, Challenging, and Engaging when approached with a positive mindset.
- P1 and P2 Learning Support Mathematics (LSM)
- P1 – P3 Maths Trails
- Mathematics Enrichment Programme (P4 and P5)
- Olympiad Enrichment and Competition (P4 to P6)
- Chinese New Year celebration
- Hari Raya celebration
- Deepavali celebration
Cultural and Language Exposure
- Mother Tongue Fortnight and Culture Camp
- Mother Tongue Reading Campaign
- CBS MT Story Telling Competition
- P3 Cultural Learning Journey
- P4 Cultural Performance Exposure Scheme
- P5 Oversea immersion program
- Royal Writer
Instill values and develop competencies in our Stephenians, preparing them to be responsible for their families and communities and recognize their duties as helpful citizens in influencing the nation’s future.
- Catechism and Lasallian Celebrations
- Character and Citizenship Education lessons
- Form Teachers Guidance Period
- National Education Commemorative Events
- Values-in-action Programmes
- Education and Career Guidance
- Sexuality Education Programme
- Social Studies
Students are digitally literate and future-ready. Every learner with access to technology should have access to high-quality learning.
Cyber wellness Programme
The school’s Cyber wellness Program, a partnership of ICT, CCE, and SM, aims to educate pupils about the MOE Cyber wellness framework.
Each Stephenian’s faith, character, and motor talents will get fostered through good learning theories, effective teaching, and intrinsic motivation.
- Programs of High Priority
- Studying Mental Skills in Sports (P1 to P6)
- Discovering Sports Heroes (P1 to P6)
- Inter-class and intra-class sports competitions (P3 to P6) (trial project)
- Participating Majulah Jog (P1 to P6) at ECP
- Participating Junior Olympics(P1& P2)
- Depending on SMM
CCAs are a vital aspect of a student’s overall education. Students learn about their interests and abilities while establishing values and competencies that will help them prepare for a quickly changing world through CCA. As children study, play and grow together, CCA fosters friendships among students from various backgrounds. CCA helps children develop a sense of connection, dedication, and duty to their school, community, and country.
You may also like
Stamford Primary School
Stamford Primary School in Central Singapore is a co-ed school that will soon be merging with Farrer Park Primary School in January of 2023.
Tampines North Primary School
Tampines North Primary School is a public co-ed institution that strives to inspire students to be their best and offers a program for character development.
Tampines Primary School
Tampines Primary School is a co-ed school that began in 1985 and has a specialized program for students who have dyslexia.