Yishun Primary School
Everything you need to know about the Yishun Primary School
The old Yishun Primary School get erected on Yishun Ring Road in 1982 and was the first primary school in Yishun New Town. Mr. Marvin Chan, who was assigned to the school as Principal in January 2020, is now in charge of the school. Yishun Primary School offers numerous programs and initiatives to provide a solid curriculum for its kids despite shifting goals and relevance to provide a Student-Centric, Values-Driven Education. Yishun Primary School has long been a preferred school among local families. The ministry’s authorized spaces for the Primary One Registration Exercises get filled every year.
The old Yishun Primary School, constructed in 1982 on Yishun Ring Road, was the first primary school in Yishun New Town.
Philosophy, culture, and ethos in the classroom
The school is committed to Student-Centric, Values-Driven Education (SVE) and incorporated it into the construction of its program’s visual representation of its mission, purpose, and values.
- School Culture
The Core Theory of Success lies at the heart of the school’s caring and learning culture. It gets actively promoted in the CAMPSL domains through effective linkages, staff learning and development, and student development.
- Striving for Excellence
YPS has been recognized for excellence in both academic and co-curricular areas over the years. The school continues to provide a strong foundation in reading and numeracy abilities, cultivate a love of learning, and equip students with 21st Century Competencies and greater moral values to prepare them for life.
- As Key Enablers, Staff, and Teachers
Every graduate of YPS has passed through the capable hands of the school’s professors. The school emphasizes staff and teacher development to cultivate excellent connections with employees, teachers, and other stakeholders.
- School Vision
Confident Learners, Caring School
- School Mission
Inspire a love of learning by offering a loving and supportive atmosphere character-driven leaders trust in their potential to study and succeed.
Unique Programmes and services:
- Championing Values: Learning for Life Programme (LLP): Using Music to Live, Learn, and Grow: The school’s LLP strives to enhance child character via its 6-year progressive music curriculum, which gets based on the concepts of Music for All and Music for Excellence.
- Environment Science Applied Learning Program (ALP): The ALP seeks to teach our students the practical ideas of science and how they interact with the environment via inquiry-based learning.
- Project Work in the school is fascinating and engaging because students engage themselves in the Design Thinking process while tackling real-world problems.
- PrAISE (Pre-Assembly Instruction for Student Engagement) and AR2ISE (All-Round Recess Instruction for Student Engagement) are two types of pre-assembly instruction for student engagement. The school’s PrAISE and AR2ISE programs get used to help all students grow holistically. Pupils participate in brain-based exercises and game-based learning through these programs.
Co-curricular activities (CCAs):
Visual and Performing Arts
- Art Club
- Band – Concert
- Dance – Chinese
- Dance – Indian
- Dance – International
- Dance – Malay
- Ensemble – Angklung / Kulintang
- Ensemble – Gamelan
- Football (Boys)
Clubs and Societies
- Chess Club
- Green Club
- IT Club
- Sports Club
You may also like
Zhonghua Primary School in Serangoon is a co-ed school founded by the Chinese clan in 1951. It provides a unique niche program called Thinknovate.
Zhenghua Primary School is a co-ed school in Bukit Panjang established in 1989 and has various clubs students can join, like the Robotics Club and Redcross.
Yuhua Primary School in Jurong East is a co-ed government institution with allied educators to support students who require special needs.
Yu Neng Primary School began in 1935 and is a government school in Bedok that aims to develop students' specific skills through its co-curricular programs.
Yio Chu Kang Primary School in Hougang, established in 1950, started with 14 classrooms only. Now the school has numerous facilities that students can use.
Yishun Primary School is a co-ed government institution and has been a school of choice within the community; it supports Healthy Meal Program for students.
Yew Tee Primary School started in 2000 and is a co-ed school in Choa Chu Kang with customized programs for primary 5 and 6.
type hereYangzheng Primary School started in 1905 as an exclusive private school for boys. It is now a co-ed government institution in Serangoon.
One Stop Solution For All Your Property Needs