Yuhua Primary School
Learn more about theYuhua Primary School
Yuhua Primary School, formerly known as Joo Hwa Public School, was founded in 1930, with an initial enrollment of roughly 100 students. The school initially enrolled about 100 students. For the children of the farming community residing on and around the old Jurong Road, the Yuhua Primary School provided primary education using Chinese as the language of instruction.
Yuhua Primary School, previously Joo Hwa Public School, was built in 1930 with the help of local business people and community leaders.
English, Mathematics, Science, and Mother Tongue are among the programs provided at Yuhua Primary School. Physical and Health Education, Flight, FTGP, Social Studies, Character & Citizenship Education (CCE), and Enrichment & Life skills are some of the healthful programs offered at Yuhua Primary School.
School Philosophy, Culture, and Ethos
The school believes that each student is unique, with their talents and learning abilities. As a result, the school strives to create a learning environment in which students’ learning experiences are both meaningful and purposeful to engage their hearts and minds, resulting in each Yuhualite becoming a thinking individual who cares about and contributes to the community and country.
The school’s mission, vision, and values underpin this belief: resilience, responsibility, respect, integrity, care, and harmony.
- School Vision
Yuhualite (one who cares, shares, and contributes) is the school vision. One who is always learning, thinking and innovating
- School Mission
Growing Our Hearts and Minds is the school’s mission.
The CCA program gives students a chance to explore their passions and abilities. CCA may spark a lifelong interest in a sport or musical hobby.
It enables the individual to have a balanced adult life. The CCA program attempts to accomplish the following goals:
- Teach CCA-relevant information and skills.
- Instill values and positive social attitudes in all students, and provide opportunities for healthy recreational activities.
We have four types of CCAs for the students to pick from to accomplish this:
Visual and Performing Arts
- Art Club
- Band – Brass
- Dance – Chinese
- Ensemble – Angklung / Kulintang
- At all moments, students must act appropriately, with care and respect.
- Pupils are sometimes required to take good care of school property and keep the surroundings clean and litter-free.
- After arriving at school, students get not permitted to leave without the consent of the Principal, Vice-Principal, or Discipline Master. When a student misses any school events, a doctor’s certificate or a note from a parent is necessary.
- Students are not authorized to leave the classroom without the teacher’s permission. Exit Passes must display by students who get permission to leave the classroom.
- Mobile phones are highly discouraged from being brought to school by students. If a parent or guardian allows their child or ward to bring a mobile phone to school, they must ensure used responsibly and kept safe. Students who bring their phones to school must ensure that they get turned off during class.
- Toys, handheld video game consoles, and other electronic gadgets (such as cameras, iPods, and MP3 players) get not permitted in school.
You may also like
Yumin Primary School
Yumin Primary School in Tampines is a co-ed school that offers Malay and Chinese languages in its mother language programs.
Zhangde Primary School
Zhangde Primary School in Bukit Merah is a co-ed government school that began in 1923 and aimed its students to be gracious citizens.
Zhenghua Primary School
Zhenghua Primary School is a co-ed school in Bukit Panjang established in 1989 and has various clubs students can join, like the Robotics Club and Redcross.