Bendemeer Secondary School
Guide To Know More About The Bendemeer Secondary School
Bendemeer Secondary School gets initially located along the bustling Serangoon Road for nearly 20 years before moving to its current location at 1 St Wilfred Road. It ran for three months in Beng Wan Primary School before moving to its current location in March. In April 1979, Mr. Sidek Saniff, Member of Parliament for Kolam Ayer, formally proclaimed the school open. The school had just 500 students in 1977, but by 1980, it had grown to 1800, making it one of Singapore’s largest secondary schools. From 1980 until 1995, Bendemeer Secondary School was also a Pre-University centre, offering business disciplines to an average of 400 Pre-U students.
School Philosophy, Culture, and Ethos
We believe that all students are unique people, and we provide educational experiences that help them develop their skills and abilities at Bendemeer Secondary School. We encourage our children to be self-aware, self-directed and take responsibility for their learning via our school values of Integrity, Care, Respect, Responsibility, and Resilience. We encourage pupils to be morally upright and persist in the face of adversity. We provide them leadership chances and give them to show off their initiative and inventiveness. Our committed and competent team supports each child’s academic and social-emotional needs via research-based practice and innovation of a caring culture.
CCAs are an essential component of our student’s overall education. CCA’s concept is to help students explore their passions and abilities while also teaching them values and skills that will prepare them for a fast-changing world. As students graduate from one level to the next, this SDP gets meant to give a CCA experience that leads to progressive development and achievement of CCA learning outcomes. Students can also engage in the CCA with the CCA SDP. Each CCA also incorporates Values in Action (VIA) activities or projects that are either teacher-led or student-initiated to provide service-learning opportunities and develop student leadership.
- Cross Country
- Sepak Takraw
Visual and Performing Arts:
- Band – Symphonic
- Dance – International
- Drama – English
- Drama – Tamil
- Girl Guides
- National Cadet Corps (NCC) (Land)
- National Police Cadet Corps (NPCC)
- Singapore Red Cross Society
Clubs and Societies:
- Infocom Club
Unique Programs & Services:
- Bendemeer’s Learning for Life Programs gets made up of unique programs like the Student Leadership Program and TEMPO, which educate students on applying their knowledge in real-world situations through developing character and social-emotional skills.
- An LSM Teacher offers help to kids with basic numeracy skills and knowledge for about eight periods per week through the Learning Support Programme for Mathematics for Primary 1 and 2 students.
- Bendemeer feels that jogging will improve kids’ attentiveness in the classroom. Hence the Run for Life Program to promote a healthy lifestyle via running.
- The Healthy Meals in Schools Program strives to promote healthy eating habits by giving food service standards to the school cafeteria and collaborating with stall vendors.
You may also like
Boon Lay Secondary School
Boon Lay Secondary School started in 1977 and is a co-ed public school in Jurong West. It is one of the schools that accept hearing impaired students.
Bowen Secondary School
Bowen Secondary School in Hougang is a public institution that started in 1982. It offers a unique niche program which is the LifeLit Program.
Broadrick Secondary School
Broadrick Secondary School is a government school in Old Airport Road, Geylang. It offers a STEM program under Direct School Admission talents.