Boon Lay Garden Primary School
Guide to know about Boon Lay Garden Primary School
With 1080 pupils enrolled in 27 courses, the school opened in 1977 along Boon Lay Avenue. It now has about 1200 students enrolled in 46 classes, with 130 teaching and non-teaching personnel. The Boon Lay Garden Primary School has had seven principals over its 44-year history. Mdm Ng Boon In and Ms. Tan Hui Yah are the current Principal and Vice Principals, respectively.
Philosophy, culture, and ethos:
We think that each child is unique and deserves a lively learning environment where he or she may explore his passion, uncover talents, and optimize potential at Boon Lay Garden Primary School – the Garden where variety blooms. We want to develop students who are Future Ready with Strong Fundamentals, each a Thinker, Leader, and Contributor with values and knowledge, skills, and competencies. We welcome all of our kids, regardless of their backgrounds, and we model a caring culture by creating a secure and loving atmosphere for them. Teachers cultivate excellent relationships with students so that they feel safe and comfortable. This strong relationship with the pupils fosters learning and well-being in the classroom.
Diversity Blooms in the Garden
We are cultivating a brighter future together.
School Motto: Strive for Perfection
We urge everyone to pursue greatness healthily, making every effort to advance and improve to achieve one’s personal best in all endeavors.
Cooperation among everyone, Attitude, Respect for all Efforts Leading to Success in whatever we do are our school values.
Co- Curricular activities:
We highly encourage every kid at BLGPS to participate in a CCA since it allows them to find their interests and abilities while building values and competencies. We hope to provide a more comprehensive education for every kid through CCA.
The school offers a variety of CCAs in the following categories:
- Physical Sports, where students improve their athletic abilities and nurture sportsmanship; Visual and Performing Arts, where students gain self-confidence via showcasing chances;
- Uniformed Groups, where students learn self-discipline and leadership qualities while also learning life skills.
- Students may refine their abilities and interests in IT and science by joining clubs and societies.
Subjects Offered in Boon Lay Garden Primary School:
- Civics & Moral Education
- Co-Curricular Activities
- English Language
- Foundation English
- Foundation Mathematics
- Health Education
- Higher Chinese
- Higher Malay
- Higher Tamil
- Physical Education
- Social Studies
Achievement and other school features:
- Sustained CHERISH -Silver SYF (2008): Indian Dance , Gold Malay Dance ,Silver Chinese Dance ,Silver Ensemble.
- Bronze Lotus Award CHERISH – Silver SYF (2008): Indian Dance , Gold Malay Dance , Silver Chinese Dance
- Silver Ensemble – Bronze SYF(2004): ChineseOrchestra,Silver Choir,Silver ChineseDance,Silver InternationalDance,Bronze MalayDance,Silver
- Ensemble (Handbell) -Silver SYF (2002): SchoolChoir-Bronze ChineseDance-Silver ,MalayDance-Bronze,
- International Dance-Silver SYF (2003): ChineseDance-Silver MalayDance-Bronze,InstrumentalEnsemble-Bronze-ChineseOrchestra-Silver
- Inter-Primary School of the United States of America Senior Division at the Tenpin Bowling Championships (2003) (Boys-singles)
- Second Senior Division (Boys-All Events) -4th West Zone Basketball(2003):Senior Division(Boys)
Our accomplishments in LLP:
- Lotus Sustained Achievement Award 2015
- Sustained 3R Achievement Award 2015
- The Eco-Gardener Award 2015
- Youth Environment Day Award 2015
- Green Schools Award 2015
Physical sports in boon lay garden primary school:
- Ten-Pin Bowling
- Track & Field
You may also like
Zhonghua Primary School in Serangoon is a co-ed school founded by the Chinese clan in 1951. It provides a unique niche program called Thinknovate.
Zhenghua Primary School is a co-ed school in Bukit Panjang established in 1989 and has various clubs students can join, like the Robotics Club and Redcross.
Yuhua Primary School in Jurong East is a co-ed government institution with allied educators to support students who require special needs.
Yu Neng Primary School began in 1935 and is a government school in Bedok that aims to develop students' specific skills through its co-curricular programs.
Yio Chu Kang Primary School in Hougang, established in 1950, started with 14 classrooms only. Now the school has numerous facilities that students can use.
Yishun Primary School is a co-ed government institution and has been a school of choice within the community; it supports Healthy Meal Program for students.
Yew Tee Primary School started in 2000 and is a co-ed school in Choa Chu Kang with customized programs for primary 5 and 6.
type hereYangzheng Primary School started in 1905 as an exclusive private school for boys. It is now a co-ed government institution in Serangoon.
One Stop Solution For All Your Property Needs